Property ID : TON
Sold - Residential Sold
SOLD– Freehold, Private Treaty & with Full Vacant Possession
Viewing Strictly By Appointment with
Thom Burke-Kennedy @ Burke Kennedy Estate Agents Ltd
13 Crosthwaite Park West, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin. Ireland
This exceptional 5 + Bedroom terraced Victorian house [approx. 3,800 Sq Ft/353 m²] with superb original features, including beautiful working fireplaces, is in need of complete refurbishment.
This house has a separate & self contained Garden Level Flat/Office [approx 1,200 Sq Ft/111.48 m²] – total area, House + Garden Level, approx. 5,000 Sq Ft/464.52 m².
Located on the west side of Crosthwaite Park Square [well maintained communal gardens], this is a very spacious family home spread over Garden Level, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Floors, with original plaster work, original working window shutters, & original woodwork & fireplaces, including a Carrara fireplace, throughout; the basement is in modern condition.
This house is a Protected Structure.
House Accommodation is as follows:
Wide entrance Hall with high ceilings with original plaster work off of which is a Dining Room with a Carrera marble fireplace, & Bay window overlooking the park; through sliding doors to the Library overlooking the rear garden, & a working fireplace; the Library is also accessed from the Hall.
On the Hall there is spacious enclosed storage & just beyond is the Kitchen, at the rear of the house.
Stairslead from the Hall to a Bathroom, and TV Room, overlooking the rear Garden; the TV Room has a working iron fireplace.
Stairs lead to the magnificent Drawing Room with Bay windows overlooking the square; this spacious room spans the length & width of the house & has 2 original marble feature fireplaces, both working, original mouldings & high ceilings.
Stairs lead to a Double Bedroom [overlooking the rear garden] with an Ensuite Bathroom
Stairs lead to a Double Bedroom at the rear of the house & a
Single Bedroom with Sea Views overlooking the Square; there is a Double Master Bedroom with built in wardrobes & iron fireplace overlooking the Square; there is a further Double Bedroom at the rear of the house & a Bathroom beside.
Garden Level Accommodation is as follows:
Spacious entrance Hall with Storage; off the Hall is a Living/Dining Room [to the front of the house] with working fireplace & a Double Bedroom [to the rear of the house]; off the Hall is a 2nd Double Bedroom, Shower Room and Kitchen with access to the Garden [approx. 700sqft/65m²].
- This house was built in the early 1860’s by John Crosthwaite, a one-time chairman of Kingstown Town Commissioners & well known local property developer; Crosthwaite Park houses are based on similar developments in north London with features & interiors of equal quality; the ceiling heights, ornate plasterwork, fireplaces & joinery etc are regarded as being of finer quality than in any other Dun Laoghaire terrace.
- The House has Gas Central Heating throughout; the Garden Level has electric Storage heating
- The current family owners have lived in the house since 1988
- The rear Garden has access from the Garden Level & the 1st Floor Kitchen
- This House is BER exempt
- All the amenities of Dun Laoghaire, including the sea front, harbour, piers & sailing clubs, in addition to shopping, a multi plex cinema, 2 theatres, parks, restaurants, cafes, bars, a magnificent new library, a hospital etc, are all within short walking distance